Sunday, July 31, 2011

C & A: A Country Wedding, Part 2

I officially love photographing weddings. I haven't done very many, so that could change in the future. But I love weddings in general. They're so full of hope. A starry-eyed couple, pledging to love each other forever, through better and worse, having no idea what the "better" and the "worse" will mean for them. It's so beautiful. I always think of my own wedding, and it seems like we were just kids back then. I love to watch these kids standing on the threshold of a new chapter in life. And it is such an exciting honor to be the photo-journalist recording this, one of the most important events in this couple's life. The official beginning of their life together.

This particular wedding was SO MUCH FUN. It was the perfect blend of "country" and "beautiful." The bride wore cowboy (girl) boots with her traditional elegant wedding dress. The scenery was amazing- woods, log rocking chairs on the porch, long gravel drive way (pretty much my dream home). The decorations were flowers and candles under a big white tent. The ceremony was the traditional procession of attendants; minister, vows, rings. If I could re-do my wedding, I would copy this one as much as possible. I am in love with this couple. They are so photogenic, they made my job really easy. Besides that, they are friendly, tons of fun, and totally head over heels for each other.


This photo was requested by the groom. It's a family tradition through several generations. How fun is that? I would love to see all the photos side-by-side.


1 comment:

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

Love...Love... Love... all of it!

that one where it looks like he is holding her in his hand is AWESOME! I love the lighting and his face! :)

Share the Love!