Tuesday, February 3, 2009

hand made hand warmers

i decided to make these little hand warmers for valentine's day. here's how i made them:

cut a piece of fabric from an old shirt about 2" x 6" (you could make this ANY size). fold in half, "right sides" together. stitch up the sides leaving about a 1/2" gap at the end. turn inside out. with a funnel, fill with uncooked rice, about 2/3 full. fold in the un-sewed fabric, and whip stitch to close.

warm in microwave for about 15-20 seconds for a cozy treat for your cold hands! you could keep inside your mittens to keep your hands warmer when outside.



i plan on making bigger ones soon for cuddling in bed!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jason and Fawnda said...

Cute! I have a bigger one that my friend made me for christmas last year and i LOVE it! It keep my feet warm in bed, while I read a bood, watch TV, sit at the computer! LOVE IT! did I say that already?!

Fawn

Share the Love!